Frequently asked questions
Can I use your products around kids and pets?
Getting rid of bugs is important, but it’s not worth declaring nuclear warfare on your home. The pesticides we ship are fully registered, sourced from, and used by some of the best pest control companies in the world, and have been used in hospitals, schools, and more.
As with any pesticide application, certain safety measures need to be followed while applying. For example, pets and children should not come in contact with treated areas until the pesticide has fully dried. A complete set of safety measures and instructions are included with each shipment.
With Pestie, you get the same pest control that high-end pro pest control companies use, but since we skip the middlemen, salespeople, and applicators, you get it for a fraction of the price.
What pesticides and ingredients are used?
We partner with pest control manufacturers and experts to select and ship the highest quality, proven pesticides that are optimized for your specific location and the bugs in your area. Please see the checkout and input your ZIP code to see the exact details of your shipment, including the pesticide and active ingredients.
Your shipment will usually rotate through different pesticides for higher efficacy and to prevent bugs from developing resistance to a specific pesticide.
We also have specialty treatments that we send to customers in certain situations that are optimized for certain pests or issues. Usually these are not necessary except with more severe issues.
Every pesticide/treatment that we send out has been thoroughly tested for safety and efficacy, and is usually the same or better than what your local professional pest control companies are using. Every shipment that we send out comes with the original EPA-approved label, full safety information, and application instructions.
Can I spray indoors?
For most of our customers, we recommend an outdoor barrier sprayed around the home. In most cases, this is extremely effective at getting rid of pests inside your home.
In rare cases where it's necessary to spray indoors as well, the pesticide can be applied using a light spray while taking additional precautions such as moving any human or pet food and waiting for the product to dry before any contact. Only a light spray is needed.
Before spraying indoors, you should read the included label for full safety information and instructions. If you have any questions about whether or not you should spray indoors, our team is available to help. Contact us at [email protected]
How large of an area can each shipment cover?
Your Pestie shipment typically covers homes up to 5,000 square feet. If you have a larger home, we have custom plans available! Please contact our customer service team for more information.
How does your “bug-free guarantee” work?
We’re so confident that you’re going to love Pestie that if you’re not completely satisfied with the results or the products we sell, we will do whatever it takes to make it right—send specialty treatments, personalized treatment plans, or a full refund. Just contact our support team and we'll get you taken care of.
How long does each application last? When will I need to reapply?
We recommend reapplying every 2-3 months (depending on your location) in order to keep the bug barrier around your home active. With your optimized Pestie subscription, when it’s the ideal time to reapply, you’ll automatically get a new shipment at your doorstep. You’ll never forget when to reapply, and your bug barrier will stay strong year-round. It’s that easy.
How do I cancel my subscription?
Although we will be sad to see you go, we make cancelling your subscription easy. Just contact our support team and we’ll get you taken care of without hassle.
How is Pestie different from what I can buy at the store?
Thousands of our customers have switched from using store-bought products to using Pestie. Pestie is better than store-bought pest control in the following ways:
- Pro-grade products. The active ingredients in the pesticide you will receive is a high quality, long-lasting, pro-grade solution. Pestie only uses state-of-the-art professional-grade insecticides that are proven to be effective against hundreds of species of insects, including most common household pests. It's the same stuff the pros use.
- Automatically optimized plans with Pest IQ. Each Pestie plan is optimized using our Pest IQ technology to increase effectiveness for your home. This means that you'll get products that work well with the specific bugs in your area, delivered at the perfect times to apply according to your climate. No one-size-fits-all solutions here!
- Built-in resistance prevention. We rotate through the pesticides you receive to avoid insects building resistance to any individual pesticide, making it far more effective over time.
- We've got your back. Our pest control experts are always ready to walk you through application, send specialty treatments, or even identify bugs for you. You can give us a call or chat with us anytime!
- Bug-free guarantee. Every Pestie subscription comes with our bug-free guarantee. That means if you ever have a bug issue, we'll make sure it gets taken care of at no cost to you, including sending specialized treatments or giving personalized support over the phone.
- Ultra-easy application. Each part of the application process has been made as simple as possible, and comes with everything you need to apply. With our powerful reusable electronic sprayer, ultra-simple step-by-step guide and videos, and premeasured product, it's never been easier to do your own pest control.
Why does Pestie cost so much less than a traditional pest control company?
It’s simple: salesmen and technicians. Traditional pest control companies have to pay for salesman commissions. Some of the largest pest control companies pay their salesmen upwards of 50% of the contract value! After paying their salesmen, they pay for technicians salaries, trucks, and equipment. When you buy Pestie products, you bypass all of the middlemen and pocket the savings.
What safety measures/PPE should I use while applying?
With any pesticide, certain safety procedures need to be followed during application. Included with each shipment is the registered label and a full set of instructions on how to safely apply the pesticide. As outlined in the instructions, when applying you should take standard pesticide application precautions such as wearing gloves (included), wearing long sleeved shirts and pants, and wearing closed-toed shoes. Be sure to read and follow the included label for complete safety information.
Can I spray on plants?
The pesticide in your shipment is safe to spray on household trees, bushes, and grass. However, it should not be sprayed on any vegetables, fruits, or edibles. In order to protect bees and pollinators, it also should not be applied to flowers or flowering plants. See the included product label/instructions for full details.
How long has Pestie been in business?
Pestie was founded in 2019 to give homeowners a better option to get rid of pests.